Monday, November 25, 2019

Booking Around the World - King's Library Tower



Whenever I'm in a new place, I seem to be looking for a bookstore (and a coffeeshop or restaurant and cute shops). I've found some amazing books in gorgeous stores and bought lots of children's books in languages I can't read. Booking Around the World highlights wonderful books, bookshops and bookish images that I have discovered on my travels.

The nearly impossible to photograph King's Library Tower.

Since I currently live in London, it's fitting to start with a classic image from the British Library. The King’s Library Tower sits smack in the middle of the British Library. It spans six stories and is covered with glass making for a stunning spectacle from any angle. The books contained inside are actually the collection of King George III and include over 65,000 bound copies.

I'd highly recommend popping in the British Library -- it's free -- for a peek of the King's Library Tower when in London.

British Library
96 Euston Road
London NW1 2DB
https://www.bl.uk/












No comments:

Post a Comment